Things only sleep-deprived parents will understand
Some would argue that pregnancy its self is the hard part, even if you do get a baby shower thrown for you. But those that are new to parenting will know that their little ray of sunshine, does not just bring sunshine. You may have forgotten what its like to sleep for an entire night? You also may have found yourself on Google searching can you die from lack of sleep? or you are raiding the supermarket desperate to find those energy-reviving products, if so you possibly understand these pointers... do not worry, you are doing a fantastic job as it is!
- You have a panic attack if you are out of the house before 8am.
- You would rather watch the blue no signal screen than go and get the remote control.
- Running out of coffee reduces you to tears.
- Running out of wine reduces you to tears.
- Finding a matching pair of socks in the bottom of your drawer is more exciting than finding a ten pound note in the bottom of your bag.
- Some mornings you have to sit down to have a shower.
- You will get irrationally angry at anything that makes a noise when your baby is asleep i.e. your answering machine beeping.
- Four hours is a really good nights sleep.
- Your morning coffee is the most important meal of the day.
- When a friend tells you her baby slept through the night you will mentally punch her in the face.
- At least once a day you walk into a room and have no idea why you went in there.
- At one point you will go to the shop for milk and come back without the milk.
- 4am is your sworn enemy
- Entire mornings are spent trying to think up ways to get your kids to leave you the hell alone.
- Some days you have cried more than the baby.
This article was written with the help of the experts at Babies Babies, if you have not quite got to the sleepless nights stage, have you thought about having a baby shower? Need baby shower ideas? Babies Babies can help, simply visit: http://www.babiesbabies.co.uk/baby-shower